Have 3 W&S in my shop, fully tooled, need to get them set up and running!
Close
Login to Your Account
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Have 3 W&S in my shop, fully tooled, need to get them set up and running!

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and a machine shop owner. I purchased a threading business that made SS316 Petcocks and in the purchase bought two No.4 and one N0.3 Turret Lathes, tooled under power and running. We rigged and moved them and now I need to set them up and get them turning. I have original manuals and a few publications. Also managed a Hendey 14x30. Have some extra parts and need to sort through what's good and bad. I have entertained the thought of selling them but no one around here wants them so since I already wired for them and have them set in place I figure lets use them.

Anyway any input is appreciated. I am not a master machinist by any means but not a beginner as well.

Thanks!
    Bill

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey Bill,

Is there any info you're looking for specifically? I new to machining in general but I've recently got my No.4 set up and going.

Speaking of, I'd be interested in any extra parts or tooling if you'd be interested in selling. Post some pics of your machines either way!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

what century are we in? have I fallen into a wormhole or something? someone is starting up a business with 3 Warner and Swaseys and a Hendy??? WTF?

4. Likes moonlight machine, 30yearoldjunk liked this post