What's new
What's new

How to remove the rollers from a M-1374 box tool ?

lalatheman

Hot Rolled
I got some new rollers for this M-1374 box tool , old rollers are locked up completely .....The shank is a press fit and there really isnt a good way to support the frame for heavy duty pressing..... thought of applying oxy-proane torch heat.....didnt seen like it should be necessary....then begain to consider cutting torch the outer race off and by letting the needles fall out there would be room for real support for serious pressing?
Incidently... I get .564 shaft dia with dial calipers outer race OD is 1.500

Dave
1fDlpLVWIVKa6r9Ms2F-Y1o1O7w

Yeah I have the piece off that actually holds the roller ..cleaned and polished and cant find a setscrew....just now think I have figured out how to post a picture ,,,,will try now.

20190222_222427.jpg

Well I did use the cutting torch and in retrospect I think its the way to go. By torching off the rollers it allows proper support tor the pressing opreration...and they were tight. As i see it now the only other option would be heating the carrier to expand it where it grips the shaft, it probably could be tapped out if some heat was applied.... Anyhow I am ready for action now.

Back