What's new
What's new

Latest news re Dick Bowen

Bill Gent

Aluminum
Al - Just heard from Carol about Dick's condition. He has been transfered to a rehabilitation facility in the Clinic complex. He's eating well and doing his excersizes. He use to be able to press 235 lbs. Now he has to lift 2 lb. weights 10 times with each arm and is winded after this routine. He called Carol the other day and she didn't recognize his voice. When she asked who this was on the phone, Dick said " Who the hell do you think this is". Sounds about right to me. He's lost all his hair and yesterday Ron Watson brought him a green top hat for St. Patrick's Day. Tomorrow, Betty and I are going to pick up Carol and go for a visit. He is doing much better and we'll know more tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. - Art

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Supercharge your AIM. Get the AIM toolbar for your browser.

Telephone for Rich Bowen

1-216-445-3939 - He can't always reach the phone, so keep trying. I'm sure he appreciates our support and prayers.

BG

Good News re Dick Bowen

Hi Al - Went to see Dick today at his rehabilation center. You would not believe how good he's doing. If all continues to improve, he should be coming home next week. Betty and I spent about two hours with Dick & Carol in the family room down to hall from his room. Someone had a birthday and left a cake for everyone to enjoy. Dick had just finished a piece of cake when we got there, but had another one with a cup of coffee in the family room. He said the chemo has caused his red and white blood cells to rise steadily and his bone marrow is completely clean of the cancer cells. Things look very promising and a few more chemo treatments should provide even more good results. He has lost all his hair and looks just like Daddy Warbucks but this is a small price to pay for the good results. His voice and memory are all back to normal and we all got a good laugh about his calling his son Rick, George. It's just amazing how good he looks after the ordeal he went thru. Let's hope it continues to be positive from here on out.

Latest News on Rich Bowen

All of the prayers, thoughts and get well wishes and God have helped Rich to recover enough to come home on Wednesday 3/26/08. He has been at the Mellen Rehab center for 13 days. He has lost a lot of the excess fluid, has done therapy and is now walking with a cane. He will continue to have the stomach drainage tube. After being away from home for 55 days and being so seriously ill, we are so grateful he's improved so much. Right now he is in remission of cancer but will have a consolidated treatment of Chemo. Once again Thank you all so much for your concern and prayers.

Love Rich, Carol and Family

Back