Let Me Editorialize!
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Although I am not a founder nor a moderator of this Forum space, the fact that I am a W/S alum does entitles me to express my strong feelings related to this space.

When Bill Gent and company developed this Forum and pushed the "cycle start" button, I was delighted. Really pleased to see this in existence and looking forward to reading all of the good stuff that I just knew I would be reading there.

After all, we are people who knew "the giant" as Bernie Goering has called our former employer, and I assumed that most of us would feel the need to contribute to the Forum in some manner, if only to make comments on what others have written there.

I am now compelled to say that I have been extremely disappointed that so few of the hundreds involved have failed to take even a little of their time to show their interest. It is as if they have not one good memory to share. As if they have no respect for that giant who was in their life, and was a true leader for so long.

I, for one, would like to hear from that great, silent majority who has knowledge of and access to this Forum site. Why are you failing to join us here in enjoying the fellowship of W/S alumni who are proud that we worked for such a fine organization?

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jack,
    You've got readership so what will the alums respond to?
    A while ago someone on the Forum said it was rumored that someone from Rhode Island invented the turret over spindle (AC's) Machine and sold it to W&S.
    More truth, than not, if you exclude the Baxter Fullerton "sketch on laundry cardboard" story.
    The fellow from RI was Myron Curtis,(Maybe two s'ses?),engineering VP for Potter & Johnston, Pawtucket, RI. P&J had the lions share of the single spindle chucking business. Well, Myron wasn't satisfied with the current equipment, he pressed management so strongly that he ended up resigning, with restrictive covenant.
    Well, P&J sold to Pratt & Whitney and moved their product to West Hartford, CT, home of P&W.
    Some years later there was an ex W&S man at P&W serving as VP Engineering, Bill Mello. Well I asked Bill about the Myron Curtis story. Bill related to me that he had seen "AC" sketches in the archives of P&J under the authorship of Curtis.
    At this time, Curtis was at W&S as VP Engineering, starting a distinguished career.
    So, that's the Rhode Island connection.
    How does Baxter fit into this?