What's new
What's new

No.3 M-1200 Turret Stop Screws

GMTG

Plastic
IMG_20150803_201318.jpg

My employer forced me to take this monstrosity home, so now I have to get it running. :willy_nilly:

The 6 turret stop screws are missing - I was informed that Warner used a special thread for them.

Can anyone tell me what the thread is?

Also what the overall length is?

I have a lot of other questions, but I'd be ecstatic to find the answer to this one to start.

Thank you for your help and for this great website.

:)

GMTG sir,
Nothing special on the turret threads.. just 7/16-14 NC threads, at least that's what my no#3 has.
Good looking old bar machine..
Stay safe
Calvin

GMTG sir,
Nothing special on the turret threads.. just 7/16-14 NC threads, at least that's what my no#3 has.
Good looking old bar machine..
Stay safe
Calvin

thanks a ton ill try to dig one up and run it in

any chance you couple pull one and give me an overall length ?

i stuck a pair of calipers in the holes of the part with 6 hole bolt circle that the stops thread into
~0.445 -

im thinking maybe the holes got stripped out maybe the machine got rammed into something while being moved

maybe ill have to make another one?

DSCF3778 (Medium).jpgHello GMTG, Sir
I really don't think that the threads are stripped ( but I could be wrong ) The stop roll head ( w&s part #3d-12 ) is not threaded where the set screws are.. the threads start much deeper into the roll.
see pic
May I suggest you track down a manual ? I believe ebay has them cheap enough and the vintage machinery web site has them for free..as a down load.
As for the stop rods themselves.. My longest one is 12 inches.. If you take note in the pic the rod on the left is one hacked out of some 7/16-14 all thread and the one on the right is a w&s proper rod. ( Note to self I need to get/make some more )
I hope this info is of use to you.. and just an observation about W&S.. It seems to my experience that they were a very rational company that seemed to steer clear of proprietary fasteners and such. The machines are very logical and simple things are standard. With that said.. My #3 has been bodged by time (70 plus years) and many hands have had their way with the machine and there have been many 'mods' to it so I often have to just 'make things work'. My other W&S is a #4 that seemed to have spent life with a single machine tool builder and has just wear and tare from normal use.. The #4 has had good maintenance ( even had the original wiring diagrams in the electrical cabinet ) and is in really good shape so. that's just the way old tools go.. ya get good ones and abused ones.. But the one constant with everyone I have ever worked with is the outstanding ruggedness and the quality engineering. A real testament to the company and it's craftsmen.
I wish you well on your W&S adventure..
Stay safe
Calvin

I know I'm going to get crucified for this but here is what I'm up to...

"powered way covers" from HGR - ended up paying 60 bucks for them

they were an Anilam instant slantbed cnc add-on

20140925093719856_L.jpg

IMG_20151129_204333.jpg

IMG_20151129_204436.jpg

a Lodge & Shipley HGR had with the same setup...

20150108074830317_L.jpg

20150108074830527_L.jpg

the lathe was free, everything works, and i dont have a cnc lathe
so I'm just trying to do the best I can with whatever i can scrape together :)

Back