What's new
What's new

OT : Warner Swasey fire truck

And to cornfuse things just a tad bit more...

The excavators were made by "Badger division" in Minn.
(who also built a telescoping truck mounted machine)

And the gradalls made in New Philly Ohio. Both on rubber tires,
as well as excavator tracks.

There was a gear works too, don't have my W&S book handy.

Not sure If this is a hijack or not....

Thats a lot of machine, but I think hes in dreamland with that price. Ive seen cats that size and age go for that money and they have part support (at least I think they do).

I dunno about Warner Swasey, but a lot of those old hoes had pneumatic over hydraulic controls that are pretty awful. Plus I bet that thing has a Detroit screaming in your ear...

Plus I bet that thing has a Detroit screaming in your ear...

Oh dont you know it. And I bet its laid out like the old cranes and draglines where the operator station and engine compartment at either one in the same, or not isolated very well.

In my P&H I can touch its 4-53 from the operators seat.

Creature comforts were certainly not on anyone's mind when those machines were built. My dad had an old TD-9 IH crawler loader. Driving it was like a working out on a Bowflex 10 hours a day. I definitely would not want to get in a bar fight with a guy who ran an old dozer like that for 30 years...

My great uncle spent all of WWII in the Navy building airstrips on Pacific islands with a cable operated Cat dozer. I bet a lot of days he would have preferred a rifle...

I actually really want a cable controlled direct drive D8. Pony start preferred....

Its pretty amazing to think about how today people complain about not having A/C, spring suspension or having to shift a manual. Where as with this old stuff, having a padded seat was high living.

Back