What's new
What's new

The Sun Also Rises

TOM RICHARDSON

Plastic
Does anyone remember or have the ad by " The Warner & Swasey Co " The Sun Also Rises? Please print or summit if you have it. Thanks

Thank you very much for the linked document.
Now if we could only find all 700 of them.
google has been very good at scanning in old magazines,
including "machinery" where I see the W&S adverts.

However my sleuthing skills fail me to query google correctly.

Though I'm three years late I'm glad to have run across this thread. As a kid growing up in the 1950's and early 60's I remember those Warner & Swasey ads. They weren't just in business and trade publications but were in magazines aimed at the general public like the Saturday Evening Post. Today of course the average citizen has no concept of what a machine tool is or does. Nor is there any realization in general that virtually everything one uses or consumes every day at some point owes its existence to machine tools.

I noticed in the later ads from the link above, W&S mentions making textile machinery and construction equipment as well as machine tools. I understand that the cyclical nature of machine tool demand was always a problem for the machine tool builders leading at times to attempts at diversification. Not sure how successful any of these attempts were.

And back in the day Timken Roller Bearing also used to run ads in publications like the Saturday Evening Post. Today of course the average citizen has no concept of what a roller bearing is...

David

Thank you very much for the linked document.
Now if we could only find all 700 of them.
google has been very good at scanning in old magazines,
including "machinery" where I see the W&S adverts.

However my sleuthing skills fail me to query google correctly.
Check ebay under Warner & Swasey print advertising. There are many examples for sale.

Back