thank you
Close
Login to Your Account

Thread: thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default thank you

I just want to say thank you. you guys built an incredible bunch of machines.

I run a WS 1A turrent lathe on a daily basis. I can take a half inch of material off and the lathe doesn't even change tune. It is by far my favorite machine to run in the shop.

2. Likes TurningHead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well... You're welcome ! Amazing how many of them are still around and being productive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The old Warners aren't fancy, they aren't CNC, they don't automatically compensate for tool wear, they don't automatically change tools - but they can crank out parts 24 x 7. When I worked at Graco years ago, they had rows of Warner & Swaseys and Acme Gridleys that made pump parts and hydraulic fittings non-stop. They had also hired a full-time machine rebuilder who worked his way through the shop doing overhauls and re-scraping as needed to handle the low spots from the carriage moving in the same area forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We found another sound w/s at scrap price I hope soon it will be running on the floor. It is a smaller machine #5 production type I think? Haven't got the nitty gritty but it will be here in a week or so.

I have to admit, I get a dirty, evil grin on my face when I walk in and start this machine.