What's new
What's new

Trouble shifting 4

Aejgx6

Cast Iron
My main money maker a m-1420 is struggling to change gears and refuses to rewind. Oil pressure is good. Anybody have any tips before I crack her open?
Andy

Nah, I just dragged out the next machine in line. I'm fond of that one though so, I will tear her down soon. Probably just the clutches or FOD.

Nah, I just dragged out the next machine in line. I'm fond of that one though so, I will tear her down soon. Probably just the clutches or FOD.

I have an M-1420 manual that includes the clutch adjustment procedure, I can scan it for you if that helps.

20191202_235159.jpg

Chris, I like your attitude.....very much! vintagemachinery.org has a W&S instruction manual section, would you consider posting it there? I don't have a #4 but would like to review it. Over time many of us would review and download it

Chris, I like your attitude.....very much! vintagemachinery.org has a W&S instruction manual section, would you consider posting it there? I don't have a #4 but would like to review it. Over time many of us would review and download it

That's a great idea, I'll see what I can do about scanning it since it's a bound book.

Back