What's new
What's new

W&S History

Bill Gent

Aluminum
On Monday night, Nov 21, while we were in South Carolina, I coralled my whizkid E.E. nephew, and he and one of his buddies set up a method that will allow us to send the History via e-mail.

I sent the e-mail addresses of the folks that wanted copies of the History to him this AM, and now, if he can stay off airplaines long enough, it'll go out.

Also left a note on Pete Rebar's voicemail re possibly putting the History on his company website, which I'm sure he'll do if he can.

It's Great to have Friends like Pete and y'all.

BG

Enjoy! BG

Got my copy yesterday. I only had time to down load it and give it a quick look, and it looks very interesting. Thank you very much for taking the time to send me a copy!

I got my copy, thanks. It appears a lot time and work went into writting this book. It is interesting reading.

Thank you, again,

Pete Muhlbach

Nearly finish reading this "The Rise and Destruction of the Warner and Swasey". What a great read! I know have a basic understanding of the company, and was surprised by the construction equipment and weaving equipment divisions. It also surprised me to learn that W&S had direct sales force and offered free service - now that is something different among the machine tool builders. Reading the destruction of the company was gut wrenching, having seen the destruction of the Monarch Machine Tool Co. first hand my heart goes out to the former W&S employees who suffered the destruction of their beloved company. With proper managament, they both should still be here building the best turning machines in the world.

John

Back