What's new
What's new

W&S Nr. 4 Value?

Laufmacher

Aluminum
Hallo!

Am-Aide-Seeking, New-Floor-Plan-For-Shop-Creating, Thus-Some-Machines-Must-Go.

Amongst-Lot, ,,Warner&Swasey Number 4/Turret", In-Recent-Use, Fully-Tooled, No-Untoward-Wear.

What-I-Enquire-Is; ,,Value-Range", Or-If-I-Scrap, What-Parts-Of-Greatest-Value-To-Retain?

Information; Can-Load, Buyers-Vehicle, Or; (Within-Small-Radius/Insurance-Constraints, My-Heavy-Equipment-Vehicle) For-Fee-Deliver.

Is-GOOD-Machine, All-Effort-Possible-Being-Made; ,,Scrapping" To-Avoid!

Some questions first.

What model is this machine ??? How old is it ??? That makes a big difference. Does it have a COMPLETE barfeed assembly ??? Any chucks ??? Do you have the master collet and any collet pads ??? What kind of tooling does it have, as "Fully-Tooled" is a little vague. Any photos ???

I bought a very nice 1958 #4 squarehead for $800.oo with nearly complete barfeed and master collet intact, cutoff tool holder and square toolpost. No chuck.

I bought a VERY nice older roundhead #3, very recent factory rebuild with complete barfeed and collet system, front and rear toolposts, swivel turret stop and Landis die head for $700.oo and this machine looks like new.

I just bought a 1968 #5 square head, no collet system, no barfeed, some tooling and 12" chuck for $1300.oo

Of course, I've seen other guys trying to get thousands of dollars for them. I think it's all up to how badly someone needs the machine and what they are willing to pay for them.

Scrapping these machines makes me sad.

Precisely-Why-I-Am-The-Scrap-Option-As-Much-As-I-May-Avoid!

Yes, ,,Bar-Feed", Model-Query, I-Will-By-Necessity-From-Plate-Acquire! (Presumed; ,,#4"-Adequate)

Collets, And-That-Lot-Intact.

Hallo-John!

You-Are-Not-So-Far, Come-Visit! Have-Use-Temporary-Found, NEED-Collets, 1.75-Inch, 2.0-Inch.

Once-Done/Job, Yours-Should-You-Like!

Back