What's new
What's new

Warner and Swasey No 1

TurningHead

Cast Iron
Proud to own one of these. Doubt there are many survivors still out there.
Missing the Bar Stands and the Turret Clamp Lever, Other wise intact
W and S No 1.jpg
ws2.jpg

I know a guy who has a very late Model #1.. Very nice machine looks like new...not for sale even though he hardly ever uses it.
Actually Im not sure it is a Swasey..seems smaller perhaps 12- 36 or 48 (?) but very heavy duty. Will have to check out the name plate next time I am at his shop.

There is a tag from a rebuild in 1957. Had a 5 HP electric motor added, and flat drive belt added. Came with a 3 jaw, a 4 jaw, quite a few collets, and various other tooling. Does this machine have any value? I bought it with the intention of modifying it to suit my purpose. I would hate to make irreversible modifications if it has value to someone as is. I can surely find another machine for my use.

Without some pics of the whole machine its hard to say on value. Most likely less that $500. Modify it to suit your needs. She was made to make chips. Do it however you see fit.

My grand kids race quads. They are all 2 stroke, and as such require regular top end rebuilds. Was going to turn it in to a boring/honing machine. I can do this with about any lathe. After finding out this machine is as old as it is, and that it seems to be in pretty damn good shape, I’d hate to cut it up if it’s of any value to a collector or something. Kind of feels like cutting up a classic car to build a race car

Back