What's new
What's new

what was the smallest turrett lathe warner swasey made

2x6

Plastic
Over the years I have seen alot of iron in used machinery stores and one day I remember this well , I saw the neatest WS for a tool room it was well tooled but I didn't pay attention to the size by the id embalem on the machine.
What I need to know from some of you experienced old timers that still can recall from your past memories what that model number might be and if you have any picture of it that would be better as well. Regards Parker

I believe I've seen a #1 turret lathe.

Very old, with a round turret, rather than a hex.

There was one on E-bay the other day. I don't think it got any bids. It wasn't that far away from me, and I thought about it, but it took a strange collet if I remember correctly and the listing said that the collet mechanism wasn't working. I wasn't sure if that was worth taking a chance on.

I used to work at the E 55th St. Plant in Dept.32 on the Bed Planers. Di all the roughing out from 1st cuts as in came in from foundry to the last finish cuts before it went to " induction hardening and way grinding "
I don't know what the number of it was but in 1965 ish I worked on what was supposedly only ( 1 One of a kind Special )
At the time I thought to myself " Geese this is a cute little bugger "
It was about small enough to put on a small office desk .
From what I can remember it was like 45 0r 48 inches long ( that is including the gear box and head ) and about 20 inches wide at the gear box /head . In hit it was about 30 inches ?

It sure was small compared to some of the GIANTS that used to come through there .

JerryL

Back