What's new
What's new

ACH550 brake chopper activation

HPCBOB

Plastic
Hi all,
I am new to this forum and am looking for someone familiar with the electronics of the ABB ACH550-024A-2 product. I have purchased one of these units to run a table saw, specifically to convert single to three phase. I want to enable the internal brake chopper which is disabled on this model. The ACS550 has the chopper enabled. The ACH has the exact same part number power and logic boards as the ACS and I have physically confirmed that the hardware exists. I suspect that when one orders the logic board, it is either flashed for ASH or ASC. Since my application is so simple, all I really want is to activate the internal chopper. The control difference appears to be that the ACH has no access to the 2005 command whereas the ACS does access this command.

My questions:
Is there hidden access to any, specifically, the 2005 command on the ACH550?
Is it possible to reflash the logic board to an ACS model?
Short of a SW solution, is there a HW mod one can make to enable the internal chopper?

Thanks in advance for any assistance anyone can offer!!

Agreed, new to furum and did not see/know that section existed!! Don't know if there is a way to shift it over(?)

I moved/copied this discussion to the "Transformers, Phase Converters and VFD section". Sorry for the confusion!!

Back