What's new
What's new

Need a little help pricing Delta RS 15 shaper tooling

maynah

Stainless
I'm still helping a family sell their estate wood shop.
I can price the shaper, but what's a middle of the road price for the tooling?
Consider it good useable condition. Just ball park, one lump, not individually.
Previous numbers you've given me for the tools have been very helpful.
Thanks again.
(I know, I haven't cleaned up the table top yet)

Attachments

• IMG_5278.jpg
    IMG_5278.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_5275.jpg
    IMG_5275.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5276.jpg
    IMG_5276.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5277.jpg
    IMG_5277.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_5280.jpg
    IMG_5280.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 147
Depends weather the buyer bought the shaper. The spindles need to go with the shaper.
The tooling on its own should bring $4-500, mostly smaller cutters and looks like a lot of panel raising and door making sets. It all looks small like maybe 3/4" bore?
1.25" spindle size is the standard for a proper 5hp or larger shaper. So anyone with a standard shaper spindle may not be able to use those cutters unless they buy the Delta.
Also some machines don't have interchangeable spindles and those Delta spindles won't fit anything but a Delta and possibly just that model.

The bevel edge tooling is pretty old school and most people are afraid of it so value is low but being able to grind a custom profile is a real bonus.
I will often just grind one cutter for short runs of mouldings but I have drawers full of bevel edge cutters to choose from.

The shaper looks like a decent machine but I have never run a delta, the fence looks a little bit small and cheesy.

I could be a bit high on the pricing as tooling in the US is a bit different than in Canada.

Good luck,

Michael

Agree with Michael, the spindles need to go with the machine. However, there are people who would buy the collet insert spindle for a couple $hundred by itself if it includes a couple common size collets (1/2" at least)

Agree on aprox mid-range value of tooling in open auction. Might go for more if widely advertised. I'm never surprised to see that stuff go for a couple hundred, and then next auction 3 guys bid something similar up close to acquisition costs.

There are more people than might be imagined by out-of-the-box wood tooling woodworkers who use and value split collars. If any of the collars are ball bearing, and assuming they are safety collars, that accumulation of tooling and blades could also be worth a few $hundred to some people. Downside being most who use it already have it.

To optimize returns, i'd sell the collet chuck separately, put the other spindles with the machine, and sell the fixed tooling as one lot, and the split collar tooling as a separate lot. It's still a crapshoot, though. Depends how widely you care to make the effort to advertise it (for desirable, but exceedingly niche tooling like the collet chuck). Who needs it when you want to sell it. If you can get $600 for all of it in one shot, it's probably a good deal for everyone.

3/4 inch spindle,

I'm still helping a family sell their estate wood shop.
I can price the shaper, but what's a middle of the road price for the tooling?
Consider it good useable condition. Just ball park, one lump, not individually.
Previous numbers you've given me for the tools have been very helpful.
Thanks again.
(I know, I haven't cleaned up the table top yet)

hi, I would be interested to buy the 3/4 inch spindle, 514 8098395 Robert

Slip knife holders appear to be the safety type as I can see the adjusting screw in at least one of the holders. Pic resolution not enough to see serrations in the knives.
I have a set of slip knives to make 6" radius quarter round moulding. After setup and triple check I lay down on the floor and hit the ON button. Sounds like a helicopter.

Back