What's new
What's new

Anyone need a Stroke Sander ?

janc

Aluminum
I am giving away a good size Stroke Sander, NW California, a good machine for those large projects, just needs a motor.

Taken, Thank you

Last edited:
I would like a good size stroke sander for sheet metal work, and have plenty of motors. But you are too far away. Rejected, sorry.

Every now and then over the past few decades i get a bug and put mine up FS. But the responses are dilatory, and the only replies have been from scamsters (Overpay, refund them the balance, etc). Usually within a few months a job came in that made it nice to still have on hand. (I do have a widebelt, and a number of other sanding options including a jointer with a sanding head) But for some things, including occasional metal work if the sawdust is cleaned out, a stroke sander is hard to beat.

As i putz into semi-retirement, it comes in useful for oddball stuff maybe even a little more often.

Best of luck however it works out for you!

smt

A month after the original post One would think it's not that hard to get rid of a stroke sander. Do you still have it and what is the brand and or the model?
Northern California ISN'T that far for a stroke sander. I think a stroke sander would be very handy, and I have a LOT of different sanders including wide belts.

It's a "good size" stroke sander...isn't that enough info ? With no motor maybe it was used by Amish...

Few months ago I was watching an online live auction attended by quite a lot of Amish gents. The machinery, all really old line-shaft stuff, went for a good chunk of money. I will try and dig up the auction pics. I understand why the Amish would want the line-shaft stuff, but the prices still surprised me.

The Amish traditionally eshewed education as being "prideful". (Nevermind the arrogance of many who become "successful" anyway.

However they are also facing pressures of overpopulation in traditional communities and being forced to develop and learn in traditional crafts where previously they "cruised by" with cursory knowlege and acumen; but an admitted high work ethic. Now more are moving upscale in terms of technical capability. Many Mennonites use cnc. It will be interesting how that shakes out or stratifies in the larger culture across a range of trades.

smt

Back