Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Delta Rockwell 15-655 3-phase wiring

Picked up an older production machine with a 3-phase 1hp motor and the Reeves speed controller (if that makes any difference). I am looking at adding a VFD instead of replacing the motor with a single phase. I noticed the machine has an external heater circuit on it. If I go the VFD route, do I need to still include the heater in the circuit or can I bypass it an rely on the VFD for protection? Thanks in advance as 3-phase is a whole new game for me.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JRCustom View Post
    Picked up an older production machine with a 3-phase 1hp motor and the Reeves speed controller (if that makes any difference). I am looking at adding a VFD instead of replacing the motor with a single phase. I noticed the machine has an external heater circuit on it. If I go the VFD route, do I need to still include the heater in the circuit or can I bypass it an rely on the VFD for protection? Thanks in advance as 3-phase is a whole new game for me.
    My experience with this is that you could hook up with contactor etc but you need to hold start button in on machine and then start VFD with its button. Don't turn on VFD then push start button on machine. Stop with vfd in order not to get error code. The $89 Amazon VFDs have served me well on 3 HP machines such as Diacro bender and Bridgeports

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

by pass all existing controls. wire direct from vfd to motor. You can use existing switches for low voltage control into vfd. I reused a contactor as main shutoff ahead of vfd. Only turned off after vfd is shut down. Only used it because vfd fans runs all the time it has power in.
    Bill D