What's new
What's new

Finding Shop that can cut CNC holes in MDF

psandherr

Plastic
I am having a hard time finding a carpentry shop or similar that has the ability to cut rectangular slots into MDF, Obviously I expect some rounding in the corners but I need to find somewhere that can cut this to very tight tolerances.

Does anyone have any idea of where to look or how to look for a place with these capabilities.

I am located in Mid-Michigan

MDF_OPENING.jpg

You need to first find a shop with a CNC router, that will take in other work
Then you need to show them a drawing they can read

IF you can tolerate a radius, show it.

Is that metric, hell most woodshops are dealing in fractions, they might be more comfortable in inch dimensions

I have a commercial cnc router am sure I could cut what you show in the pic, how deep do you want those slots, how thick is the material? What tolerance do you require?

I am in Kansas and could ship it if needed.

Jason

Update, Found a local shop, I wish more places listed there capabilities or machines they run. Finding specific places for small jobs is a nightmare

That drawing is in millimeters yes? How thick is it? Without knowing anything else about the part, it seems small for MDF to be the best material choice. If it's say 1/4" or 1/2" thick I'd suggest laser cut Baltic birch-type plywood, those thin sections at the ends of the 90mm slots would be a lot stronger, and your corner radius will be like .003". This requires a non-metal laser cutter so you have to find the right shop but there are plenty out there.

Back