What's new
What's new

GOMAD DFDA-4 Shaper Info/experience

SeidoWoodwork

Plastic
Hey guys,

Made an account to see if I could find out more about this shaper.

I currently have it sitting in my shop and I am in the process of setting it up for a job.

I have 3 tapered arbors in 3 sizes. 3/4" with all collets and locking nuts, 1 1/4"- missing the main arbor nut, but have the safety locking nut, and a 46mm (I think- have to check with calipers)arbor with all parts.

The machine is in excellent condition. I bought it used from the guy who originally bought it and ran it very little before closing his architectural window and door plant.

I have been trying to get information on it, but not really getting any luck.

The manual I luckily have is from Fortis Machinery Corp. They must be out of business because I can't dig up anything on them.

I have found that these might have been under a company called Unitronix? I'm going to see what I can find on them after I post this.

I would like to see if I can find a source for replacement parts and ask more about the machine.

It's been hard to track down anyone who has personal experience using these shapers.

I am pleased with the purchase and have turned it on since wiring it up (without cutters). I can't believe how robust the thing is. There is nearly no vibration coming from this thing due to the thickness of the castings and steel cabinet.

If anyone has experience with these shapers please post up! I would love to find out more about it.

Attachments

• IMG_4471.jpg
    IMG_4471.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 396
Beautiful machine!

The factory still seems to be out there?

Products | GOMAD

FD-2, FDW-2 | GOMAD

bottom-spindle_milling_machines_fd-2_fdw-2_gomad_197.jpg

Apparently in western Poland.

Are you looking for general info on big shapers, or something specific to your machine?

smt

Those machines were sold under a bunch of names, Gomad, fortis, EMA, Unitronix, etc,etc. I think Larry Edgerton or Darcy Warner has one or has worked on one. They could be contacted through a thread on Sawmill Creek. They were Eastern Europe and a copy of the Martin shaper. Every bit as heavy with a good manual and well made. Those os us who get into used woodworking machines think very highly of them. Dave

I have had 4 of the shapers, a couple planers and table saws.

Ugly machines, but would take one over an scmi any day.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back