What's new
What's new

"Good" source for 10mm shank dowel machine bits, LH/RH?

Usedta be you could look online, get a catalog page or 2 with prices. Clear progressive pages of sizes and lengths. Through drill or bottoming. Call in the order, done.

Now all i can find on the mfg'rs sites are links to their selected dealers, or to sources in hong kong:angry: Seems like sales literature these days is more to obscure, than to elucidate.

Amana's has some offerings - still through retailer. After too much time on the net, I realized sourcing what i needed was not going to be fast, and worked around the problem with multiple set ups to get it done.

Probably overlooked some obvious sources, but "for next time" who is a good source, with sizes up to 1"?
If you are using a china dealer, who is reliable? Even those guys don't have lists of the stock sizes - it's order by picture, it seems????

smt

Thanks, guys!

Still a lot of "call for prices" but at least enough on the lists to get a sense.

Re: Carbide Processors link - I have a pile of Whitesides here including some 7/8" and was hoping to match them. Looks like Whiteside tops out at 16 mm now. They used to have a fairly complete online catalog with prices. Better prices here than the links i was seeing "select your local dealer". They have some other products i may need to be interested in, too.

Wood tech resource is nice, goes to 40 mm in 10 mm shank, and the prices are closer to what i remember.

I must be getting superannuated.

This is helpful.

Thanks again!
smt

Thanks, guys!

Still a lot of "call for prices" but at least enough on the lists to get a sense.

Re: Carbide Processors link - I have a pile of Whitesides here including some 7/8" and was hoping to match them. Looks like Whiteside tops out at 16 mm now. They used to have a fairly complete online catalog with prices. Better prices here than the links i was seeing "select your local dealer". They have some other products i may need to be interested in, too.

Wood tech resource is nice, goes to 40 mm in 10 mm shank, and the prices are closer to what i remember.

I must be getting superannuated.

This is helpful.

Thanks again!
smt

Hey there! Consider reaching out to us (Carbide Processors) - We do customs so if you like a bit that doesn't quite meet the specs you need, give us a call or shoot us an email and we might be able to get it made for you. We're here to help! 800-346-8274

Back