What's new
What's new

HELP- A2MC controller on AXYZ router - how to transfer files

ponkokanada

Plastic
I've recently purchased a Canadian Made CNC router - AXYZ Z3 - manufactured in 2016. The issue is that router came from an auction so it came with no documentation/software for the A2MC "Smart" controller. A2MC appears to be a linux based computer displaying full color LCD on a very awkward pendant full of confusing tactile buttons. According to my research that controller is also used on Australian made Multicam routers.

Machine is in like new shape (400 hours total on time). It powers up and works great with some NC programs preloaded by previous owner but I cannot load any new files into it through the USB port, nor do I know how to set up an ethernet connection for it.

I've contacted AXYZ to request original software/manuals which would have come with the machine however 2 weeks later I got nowhere (it takes 3-4 days to get an email reply, phone calls normally go straight to voicemail and are never returned). It appears that the company's business model is to only provide paid tech support, they also claim that every new machine is set up by an on-site technician which they suggested I should pay to fly half way across the country. Their website has no useful instructions and the only software downloads are $199 "managers" i.e: "file manager", "origins manager", "tool manager"....there is even a "zone manager" - which is an app that manages the functionality of whopping four vacuum zones that come on their table.

In the latest interaction I've had with the company (also the only phone call they answered) I was told thay they would email me a link to download the software i need. What they did email me was a link to their online store where I can pay $199 for a file manager. While $199 may not be much in the grand scheme of things, I feel it is fundamentally wrong to force me into buying a "value added" app just so it can configure a USB flash drive so the machine will read it. I assume that the original owner was given a utility to do this and instructions how to network the machine without the $199 app but axyz does not seem to understand that it is all I want. I am tired of wasting time trying to get their help and having worked with many CNC vendors in the past this is the worst experienceI've had so far.

Does anyone here have a machine with A2MC controller and could send me any instructions, an install file for any utilities or a copy of what a file manager generates on USB stick?

At this point i am so fed up that I'd rather convert the machine to run Mach3 than pay AXYZ even $200 bucks!

SOLVED:

After 3 weeks I managed to get on the phone with a competent AXYZ employee who didn't want to sell me anything before answering my question.

Turns out that the machine will recognize a USB stick only if there is a folder named "jobs" in the root directory. The NC files in that folder can be loaded into RAM and used to run jobs but they cannot be copied into internal hard drive of the controller. To copy files over machine must be configured via ethernet - once connected to a router it will pick an IP address which can then be used to map a network drive in a windows PC. From then it's just simple drag and drop.

Go figure.

Did you happen to find the control post processor and operation procedures? I’m going through same trouble atm. Any help appreciated

Back