MacGregor Gourlay Co. 12" Jointer
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default MacGregor Gourlay Co. 12" Jointer

Well, as if I didn't have enough irons in the fire..... I saw this on our local Kijiji... (similar to Craigslist)and ended up putting a deposit on it.

I have been looking for a wider jointer for some time, but lost out on a couple. This one, even though it will be a bit of a project, really appeals to me.

Here's a few pics to start out...

img_0660.jpg

img_0665.jpg

img_0662.jpg

I am not sure what this jointer dates to, but I just love this hand painted machinery number and scrolls...

img_0661.jpg

It originally came to this owner with the original babbit bearing square shaft with two blades, but for some reason...... he threw out the upper bearing shells, along with the blade shaft... He was going to install a 16" 4 knife planer head in the jointer, but didn't have the machinery to do so.

img_0659.jpg

So, I will have the jointer, a 4 knife 20" head to machine down to fit, and a 5HP 3 phase motor to power it.

I was joking to a friend, that I could barely park a bicycle in my shop at the present time..... Looks like the bicycle will have to stay outside for the winter....

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I posted this thread, I wondered if it would have been a better fit in the Antique Machinery forum. If it is, could the moderators move it over?

Brian

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Please delete this thread, as I have opened another on the same subject in the Antique forum....

Brian