What's new
What's new

Need mahogany board to restore Moore rotary / sine table cabinet...

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Cabinet was damaged in shipping and one board lost somewhere in trucking ether.... need the twin to the board on top in photo...

5 15/16" x 17 11/16" x 3/4" with 3/8 x 1/2 rabbets on each end. Any of you care to quote it ? :)

[email protected]

IMG_0779-1.jpg

Amazingly, the pristine 11 inch rotary table that was in the ravaged top had not a scratch on it.

Cabinet was damaged in shipping and one board lost somewhere in trucking ether.... need the twin to the board on top in photo...

5 15/16" x 17 11/16" x 3/4" with 3/8 x 1/2 rabbets on each end. Any of you care to quote it ? :)

[email protected]

View attachment 338652

Amazingly, the pristine 11 inch rotary table that was in the ravaged top had not a scratch on it.

Are you sure that is Mahogany? It looks kinda light :) But, you can just get some boards and machine it yourself, If I had some scraps I would just mail you some...

But here are some that are already milled to something close to what you need...

Mahogany Lumber - 3/4" x 6" (2 Pcs) (3/4" x 6" x 18") - - Amazon.com

The Woodcraft stores I've seen have open stock hardwoods in small sizes. It'll be pricey, but you can match grain and dimensions as you pick one out. Offerings will be "modern" mahogany, which can be a variety of different specific species. Plus, according to their website I just looked at, they have "up to 40% off wood" at the moment. Other similar chains may have small wood pieces, too...

Overall, good that the box did its job.

Very straight and bland grain. Need a much better pic with a scale set on it. Need a good straight on photo. I have Sapele, some African hidden away somewhere, Philippine. Some boards well over 30" wide and a stack of 22 and wider Philippine. Not cutting a corner off those slabs.
Could it even be Gum? Spanish cedar?

The Woodcraft stores I've seen have open stock hardwoods in small sizes. It'll be pricey, but you can match grain and dimensions as you pick one out. Offerings will be "modern" mahogany, which can be a variety of different specific species. Plus, according to their website I just looked at, they have "up to 40% off wood" at the moment. Other similar chains may have small wood pieces, too...

Overall, good that the box did its job.

Woodshaft supply. They used to have loads of nice tools but seem to be a lot into pen making supplies.

What others said, + is that banding on the chewed up edge? It looks like most of the boards in that case are actually veneered?
(Lumber core, with a light "mahogany like" tropical wood veneer?

Like Scruffy, most of my mahogany is big, fat, long, wide. And red.
Could possibly find a short on one of the shelfs "somewhat close in color".
With a dimensioned sketch, I'd quote 3 hours including finding and planing a few samples at the front end, packing and shlepping to the PO or shipping agency.

Or with a slightly better photo, i can just mail you a plank?

smt
e h m co fab at g male dot com

PS, was at a country auction 2 augusts ago, one of those, pristine shape, all accessories in a like new case, sold for around $350. It was hard to stay sitting on my hands, but realized at my age, not going to use it (I have several rotabs and many dividing heads) and it takes up a fair amount of space. Amish kid bought it. Good for him for recognising value in it, but i wonder what it looks like at this point.

Back