What's new
What's new

Oliver pattern mill

Cool to see someone else with an Oliver 103. I tried to discuss mine here a while back but the machine was heavily criticized by a few people. For whatever it's worth I have had none of the problems they reported with my machine. Overall it's been a very useful machine I've done a lot of pattern making and used it to make wood trim and molding for the house. Who wants to mill wood on a metal working tool? The 103 seems to work great for the purpose it was intended.

A couple minor differences between yours and mine. My extended table is to the right not the left. I guess that thing could be bolted on either way. Hmm, never thought about that. I have four speeds with a single belt rather than two speeds with the double belt. The 4 speeds are shown on a brass tag on the belt guard so I know it came that way from the factory. Other than that mine looks exactly like your machine. Nice score on the tooling and cabinet, I didn't get any of that with mine.

Minor item but you look to have forward and reverse switched. The spindle should turn clockwise, so that a drill bit would drill a hole, in forward. As wired you will mostly have to run your machine in reverse.

Yeah, I noticed the wrong direction on the spindle, everything else was going the correct way and I didn't feel like screwing with that starter at the moment. I will switch two leads on that one soon.

I have seen the small bed, extended left, extended right and extended both directions.

The tooling cabinet is what made me buy it.

I paid 110 for cabinet and 160 for mill.
Already made my money back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Nice find. Better get that dawg some safety glasses.
She isn't right sometimes. The other day she was trying to catch chips off my metal lathe and pawing at the apron controls. She probably thought she was helping.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back