What's new
What's new

Onsrud Overarm Router RO-117

Holly1954

Plastic
I am trying to locate a set of ball bearings (part#6305) for my Onsrud RO-117 router. It could be that the Spindle is worn and needs to be replaced since the bearings have been replaced some years ago and oil has begun to drip onto your work product while shaping. Yes, the machine has been used a good bit since the last bearing replacement, but it doesn't seem reasonable to believe they would be defective again this soon based on the amount of use of the machine since being replaced. It is not in a production environment and though used it is not heavily used to the degree the machine was designed for.

Who did the last bearing replacement? My understanding is that it's not a simple task, requires much greater care and cleanliness due to high speed of spindle.

Wish I could tell you. It was done before I acquired the machine. Knowing the man I got the machine from I am certain that it was done "in house" and as I understand it worked for a period of time (several years) with no problems. Now as I said it has developed a leak.

Back