What's new
What's new

Powermatic model 66 saw serial numbers

specfab

Titanium
I went to look at a Powermatic 10" table saw for sale, which seems to be a model 66. I am not that familiar with Powermatic machines (I have a Unisaw), but I was hoping to be able to figure out the machine's age by s/n. The s/n is 066047 on the front nameplate under the blade height adjustment wheel.

Does anyone know the s/n scheme that Powermatic used for these saws? It looks like a 60's-early 70's machine, but that is just a guess.

I went to look at a Powermatic 10" table saw for sale, which seems to be a model 66. I am not that familiar with Powermatic machines (I have a Unisaw), but I was hoping to be able to figure out the machine's age by s/n. The s/n is 066047 on the front nameplate under the blade height adjustment wheel.

Does anyone know the s/n scheme that Powermatic used for these saws? It looks like a 60's-early 70's machine, but that is just a guess.

Rough idea by color. Metallic Green is old, 60's 70's maybe- metallic gold is newer, and the yellow-orange is newest.

By color is as good as any to make your selection. Green or gold and you are good to go. If its not obviously beat to hell its probably a great saw. I don’t think older is any disadvantage.

Best estimate would be 1966, but Powermatic wasn't awesome about being consistent with their serial numbering. The six digit serial numbers were used from 65-68 and the second digit was the year. (thus the 1966)

Thanks to all, especially elitts for specific info. I had checked the Vintage Machy site and OWWM, looked at machine registry, but didn't find anything comprehensive to describe the Powermatic scheme for s/ns. I may have missed something somewhere.
This saw is indeed one of the green ones, which is why I was interested in it, besides the fact that I NEED a decent table saw at my company.

Back