What's new
What's new

Re: spam notices

Re: spam notices

Per posted Q -
Yes, if i see a span report, i try to take care of it.
However, recently, it has been cutting into my skiing.
You just have to accept that until the snow melts, its saved for when i'm off the slopes.

Sadly, today might be that end; though one can always hope for colder days and more snow.

To paraphrase an accumulation of Warren Miller movie quotes: "The days get longer, the sun gets warmer. The snow melts, and the fun comes to an end. People go back to work. With the solace that eventually, winter will return." :(

smt

Per posted Q -
Yes, if i see a span report, i try to take care of it.
However, recently, it has been cutting into my skiing.
You just have to accept that until the snow melts, its saved for when i'm off the slopes.

Sadly, today might be that end; though one can always hope for colder days and more snow.

To paraphrase an accumulation of Warren Miller movie quotes: "The days get longer, the sun gets warmer. The snow melts, and the fun comes to an end. People go back to work. With the solace that eventually, winter will return." :(

smt

To paraphrase Horace Greely, then?

"Go NORTH (c)old man!"

Might hitch a ride with Ox to git deeper into the Great North before you wax up the feets sticks? Trail skiing is the life-changing skill. Anyone can be a slave to gravity, even if yah don't fall down all at once.

:)

Bump into a guy restoring old Springfields and old turret lathes?

You've had a helluva trek!

:D

I like Spam and the shelf was bare..likely Michaganders stocking up in case of a power outage.

Winters used to be fun when the Canadian border was open and ice was thick enough to keep the fish in the water.

My poor snow machine is so mad at me likely won't start next winter...darn

And yes that bottle of hooch might go stale...if a bear has not broke in to the cabin and done drunked it all.

My wife was out of town last weekend so I was livin’ large.
Is this what you mean?

View attachment 316008

Must have had longer barefoot-poor years than I had if you call that kitchen-cook's flambé-fuel "living large"?

Colonel Bowman - of "old Bourbon County Virginia" - small-batch straight if you are into that. John J Bowman "Pioneer Spirit" ain't all that costly.

Bushmills, the Tyrconnell, Old Pulteny, or Scapa if serious. "Green" Bush isn't all that dear. If it didn't get made first? Nary a one of the other Bushmill's labels could even exist. It's the smooth base they are built on.

Add a decent Belgian Ardennes pâté or French - even Galician Octopus, rather than salt-grease spam?

No need to be OLD to know what the "good stuff" is.

Just partic'lar.

:D

Surprise the Wife. Make yer own:

https://www.instructables.com/Homemade-Ardennes-pate/

Buyed-in will be in his third term before yer poor enuf to go back to salt-grease spam!

:)

I found myself really enjoying the winter this year, probably because of the pandemic and having little to do., Usually I'm more than ready for it to end, but I'm going to miss it. I walk the dog daily, I leave the phone in my pocket and pay attention to her and our surroundings. Helps that it was relatively mild, and I finally figured out how to stay warm and on my feet on the ice.

Back