What's new
What's new

Renovating coffee shop- will wood door look good?

alonelywriter

Plastic
I currently live in Harrow and i have a coffee shop.

I am thinking about giving my coffee shop a renovation with wood work.

Shall i get a wood door? Will it provide efficiency .

or shall I go for the normal frameless shopfront which is trending.

Likely need a larger lathe to turn a nice wood door using a big lathe vise and a mill cutter in the spindle..

My old carpenter riddle. Aluminum and steel may feel cold to the touch but wood seems warm , what is the opposite of wood?

Ans; would not..guess one might say wood knot..and nobody thinks my jokes are funny..go figure..

I think a nice wood door and some wood trim would be very nice for a coffee shop.

I hate doors that open so hard, It seems many shops are getting that kind..and I don't like dirty shops, it seems nowadays many shops are dirtier than they used to be. Tables should be cleaned after each use, bath rooms should be cleaned walls and all every day. A bleach solution in a spray bottle can make the whole place seem clean. We went to a Big Boys Tuesday, Daughter said I hate this place because it is always dirty, Yes grand daughter picked Big Boys because she like the waffles and strawberries.

Wait help standing around jabber jawing when the place is a mess seems the norm in some shops..the ones soon to go bust.
Friend Dave got a manager job and doubled the business at a Cheboygan Mi restaurant. First thing he cleaned the entrance of gum and cigar buts. kept the door spotless, told the wait help if you are caught standing around you will be sent home. Taught the wait and buss help how to smile/talk nice and get better tips.

My local pub has wooden doors. Glassed at the top but wood; I had my first beer there 20 years ago and it was already an old door, still going strong. It's an Irish pub (Irish owned too), nice ambience, it'd look crap with a modern metal frame door. If it fits your aesthetic go for it, good industrial hinges and closer, should be great.

Back