What's new
What's new

Sandingmaster KSB 900 any manuals out here?

Luke

Hot Rolled
I finally got my wide belt sander. A 37 x 75 that looks in good condition. Unfortunately, I was not able to power it up, but it was a good deal, and I'm sure I can fix whatever might need fixing or adjusting. It did not come with a manual and I would love to find one one. Any help out here? The internet is down in town, or I would post a few pics. Thanks.

Pictures...

Any owners of this brand willing to make a copy of their manual? I will work on getting power to it his week and see what happens.

Jason-

That is a very nice looking machine! I love the adjustments for both the idle roll and the platen. Mine is "adjusted" by either removing the platen, or installing it. (slides in and out on a rail). I suppose the simplicity of my much older RAMCO has some merit, but Sandingmaster made rugged, well thought out and well made machines. IMO, well worth the effort (if any is needed) to bring to whatever level you find necessary for your work.

Have you tried contacting Sandingmaster for a manual?

smt

Stephen,
Glad I'm hearing good things. I think it's a Ford/Chevy thing, I'll always find good and bad comments about those as well. It just came home Saturday and my web searches have turned up nada. I haven't even found a good place to contact yet.

Luke

Well, I've been hunting. I have Timesaver a call, but they had to call Holland to ask permission. I pm'd a guy on OWWM, but never heard back, then I found a place in Vermont called Woodshop Specialties that rebuilds these. I gave them a call and spoke with a nice fellow named Mike. Said they could hook me up with a copy for forty bucks (ordered) that my machine had electric eye tracking (will have to take a closer look) and that it has something called a floating table. That these machines are completely different in design and I was welcome to call later in the week when powered up to ask assurance. Nice place. They also sell parts.

I tried reaching Sanding System Consulting, but Howard was out. Must have spoke with his wife. I'm seriously considering his book since I'm a complete noob on these. Any one here have his book? Helpful?

I'll keep everyone posted.

Manual not here yet and have fired the beast up. Currently it is not tracking and it is due to the pneumatics. One of my valves has a broken fitting and I do not have any clear indication of where the missing line is.

You can see in the image, two solenoid valves. The one on the right is the one in question.

Being from Holland, it is a bit odd. That blue button on the control panel acts as an E-stop. The place that had it running in the past is lucky they didn't have a fire in the control panel as one of the main terminal was completely cooked and I found a couple other loose connections. It has electric tracking for which I am grateful and so far everything powers up. There is evidence of a little water damage, but not severe- just some light surface here and there that will come right off. The manual adjustments for the platen and the main feed roll were stuck, but after a little Kroil, are now moving.

Photoelectric eye needed

We have the same machine. No manual, Sorry! Can you tell us what photoelectric eye you have? We need a replacement.

¿Any luck with wiring diagram or manuals? I have the same piece of equipment and I keep it running with lots of hours of labor. I have changed already the two contactors and overload relays (both the belt drive and the main 20 hp motor), but have a lots of issues regarding safety switches, emergency stop and such. I have been solving those issues by different methods, and the machine keeps on running.
If any one needs help, or his machine is not running, I will be glad to share my experiences. No manual, no electrical wiring diagram, but the coffee keeps pouring on. Feel free to email me.

¿Any luck with wiring diagram or manuals? I have the same piece of equipment and I keep it running with lots of hours of labor. I have changed already the two contactors and overload relays (both the belt drive and the main 20 hp motor), but have a lots of issues regarding safety switches, emergency stop and such. I have been solving those issues by different methods, and the machine keeps on running.
If any one needs help, or his machine is not running, I will be glad to share my experiences. No manual, no electrical wiring diagram, but the coffee keeps pouring on. Feel free to email me.
I'm trying to work on my sandingmaster machine which isn't actually this model but appears to be very similar to what I can see in some of the pictures (type 2075c). If anybody can help out with a picture of your air lines that go from the regulator and electric valves to the air cylinder that controlls the tracking it would be much appreciated. Our machine has been Jerry-rigged so much in the past and we're trying to bring it back to normal function. Unfortunately it has so much done to it that it's hard to tell what should go where.

Back