What's new
What's new

Sheesh, Milacron - Panelpro?

I expect the panelpro now so prominently flashing on the right hand side of this site is indeed practical and effective for many apps. But it certainly looks to fall under the low/cheap quality design/build/structure, and closer to hobby shop level use than a real panel saw.

What's your rationale?

:D

smt

I'm getting an ad for a Bose bluetooth speaker, which I had been researching online. Look like the ads are custom tailored to the viewer.

Which seems to imply that some databank somewhere has you pegged as a Panelpro sort of guy Stephen. No shame in that, I still respect you. :-)

Only panel saw I've ever owned is a Cain auto beam saw.
Anteeque, of course, made in Allahambra, CA :)

2205-A.jpg

2205-C.jpg

I'm OK with machines of any sort, so long as the user can get quality work out of them through skill or trickery. Was just surprised that given Milacron's prejudices and editing skills, that the level of woodwhacking machines in ads so far is not up to PM published standards. :D

smt

While you're busy jet-setting for mega-yachts the advert minions can have their way. Luckily it wasn't a porch paint blue panel saw.:D

Stuart

At least you are not constantly harassed by the creeps at Carbide Recycling Company.. I see their ads dozens, if not hundreds of times a day. Their ads even pop up on the obits on my local paper. Obviously not an ethical company, in my opinion, to bother people that way.. If anyone wants a link to a Reputable Carbide buyer, Please PM me, One of the best is in SC.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority of advertising on the internet today is targeted to individual users. Meaning you see ads for Carbide Recycling Company because your search results or browsing habits make you look like someone who would appreciate that service. Similarly, stephen thomas seeing ads for a panel saw is probably a byproduct of shopping for wood tools.

c.f. this classic NYTimes story about advertising: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/magazine/shopping-habits.html?_r=2&hp=&pagewanted=all The highlight is a father realizing his daughter is pregnant because Target sent them coupons for diapers -- her shopping habits led Target to deduce the bun in the oven before her father did.

Back