What's new
What's new

Somewhat OT? Good Quality Folding Rule For Woodworking.

Scottl

Diamond
Hi all,

While tape measures are very compact to store I am increasingly missing my old folding rules that were destroyed some years ago in a flood. What is a decent but reasonably priced brand of folding rule these days. I am looking for serviceable and accurate rather than a high end heirloom quality showpiece.

Look on Amazon.com for folding wood rule. Lots of Lufkin and other brands. Sorry can't help you on accuracy of current models because the couple I have are over 40 years old.

Last edited:
I actually carry a Lufkin aluminum folding rule that I found on eBay. I find it easier to carry all the time instead of a tape measure.

Sent from my LGL15G using Tapatalk

I actually carry a Lufkin aluminum folding rule that I found on eBay. I find it easier to carry all the time instead of a tape measure.

Sent from my LGL15G using Tapatalk

Thanks. I hadn't even thought of ebay but the older Lufkin rules were well made. I had a couple of the white painted wooden ones before they got destroyed by water.

I actually kept an antique Lufkin boxwood folding 24" rule in my box doing CNC work because it was faster than a tape measure for approximating rough stock or rough Z height offsets, and the hinge was just the right step off the spindle nose to make quick tool length measurements to get close to the tool setter for insert mills. And wood rulers are nice because they don't scratch tables or chip carbide.

Back