What's new
What's new

WTB 12" jointer

A Northfield pops up on Dallas craigslist every few months. I've seen it on and off for probably a couple of years. Its not there now, but if i see it again I'll post the link here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Northfield Machinery is 30 miles from me and they do some of my Straight edge planing. My son was looking for some woodworking equipment too and I called them wondering of they had any used machines. No such lock as they said they only build new ones to order. Rich

Looking for a General 780 or a Northfield 12" jointer.

Lucky7
I have a pristine Northfield 12 jointer I probably should sell, standard knife cutterhead 230 v 3 phase.... location is south coastal SC, USA...if interested email [email protected]

heavyjointer.gif

I have an Oliver 166 in central Wis for sale. Post over at canadianwoodworking.com. They are helpful guys. I prefer Porter to Northfield but condition of tables is more important than brand. Dave

I prefer Porter to Northfield but condition of tables is more important than brand. Dave
But..but...with the Porter you don't get to feel like a Sea Captain when operating the depth of cut wheel ;)

Speaking of other classic HD 12" jointers, I once owned a Newman 12" that like the Porter and Northfield of three leg configuration. The problem however was the Newman had no locking foot on the third leg...which really was a problem since, with the direct drive motor hanging out, it was surprisingly easy to turn the damn thing over on it's side !

Luckily the one time I did that, the machine was sitting beside a stepped wall so it didn't fall all the way over and was fine...but if not for that step to catch the end of the motor, could have been broken iron time.

Would also consider a good condition older Wadkin, but first choice would be a General 780. Unfortunately Milacron's beautiful 12" Northfield is out of my price range.

L7

I'm happy to work off debts... But a lifelong land lubber like me? That would take awhile on a boat and would be painful for both him and me!

L7

The one on Dallas craigslist is back if you are still looking...

12" Northfield Wood Jointer - super heavy US-made old-school joiner

12" Northfield Wood Jointer - super heavy US-made old-school joiner - tools - by owner - sale

Northfield 12" Model 12LD Joiner for sale. This is a huge, cast iron, old-school beast. It's Direct Drive, and can be set up for either single phase or three phase. Feel free to give me a call with any questions and I'll do my best to help you out.. ...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back