Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default yates american table saw

My first post in the woodworking machinery category.
    I have a number of vintage woodworking machines.
    One inparticular is an Yates American dual arbor rolling table table saw. Rack and pinion rip fence with fine adjustment, Quadrant in the table with all the standard angles with pin holes and all the degrees stamped in the rolling table. I also have a table extension allowing me to rip or crosscut 54 inches from the blade. It has 2 5 hp 3 phase motors, direct drive, and all the extra arbors and spacers for dado stacking and blades.
    I know you all will want pictures, but in the mean time and by the way it is in quite nice condition, needs a little paint. What, all things considered, would anybody offer a speculation on its value. Please don't say it is worth whatever i can get for it. Lets call it insurance value.
    Thanks for reading. My name is Clyde, I'm crowding 72, a self taught woodworker from shop in high school and love collecting and using vintage machinery.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know exactly what saw you are talking about, it sounds very complete, but unfortunately the good old cast iron table saws don't bring much, especially when for about the same money can go buy a saw stop and feel all warm and fuzzy about be compliant.

So realistically 2 to 2500. Imo, they are worth way more than people will pay.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Green View Post
    I know exactly what saw you are talking about, it sounds very complete, but unfortunately the good old cast iron table saws don't bring much, especially when for about the same money can go buy a saw stop and feel all warm and fuzzy about be compliant.

So realistically 2 to 2500. Imo, they are worth way more than people will pay.
    Finding the same thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Pics would be nice and helpful. I’m left wondering if the OP’s saw is similar to a Wadkin PK. Maybe it’s totally different?

L7

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wadkin PK does not have a double arbor, but I imagine the sliding table design is similar

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Its probably a G89 or 91. Very nice saws, just no real value due to them being in that new saw stop price range.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7. Likes lucky7 liked this post