Copper VS Graphite: Which Material is Better for EDM Electrodes? | Learn to Burn
High end copper vs high end graphite…which to use and why! Let’s compare.
Steve typically uses Graphite for electrodes at Zero Tolerance. Why? Because the material is easy, fast and it’s what Steve used to learn in this trade. Copper isn’t typically used for electrodes at Zero Tolerance, but today, he is going to explore! Come along to learn more about the characteristics of each material.
Here are some of the topics covered:
- Cost difference of materials
- Different cutters for different materials
- Cutting time difference
- Inspecting electrodes on the Keyence instant measuring system
- Both graphite and copper electrodes in action. Which is faster?
- Analyzation of graphite burn results
- Wrong setting was put in the machine! Ah!
- Stay tuned for the next episode: Analyzation of copper burn result
Are there any EDM topics you wish to see? Drop them in the comments!
Learn more about Zero Tolerance here and follow on… Instagram and LinkedIn!