What's new
What's new

4 ft dies usable in 6 ft Di-Acro?

Cannonmn

Stainless
Another biz has some 4 ft press brake dies we can buy which would give us more form profiles than the few 6-ft we have now. But our Di-Acro is a 25T., 6 ft one. I can’t think of a reason we couldn’t center those in the jaws and bend stuff. But there seem to be quite a few “Dont’s” with these machines, that I wouldn’t have expected, so I must ask.

If by dies you mean punches and dies, then just make sure the punches have the same tang style ... then no problem. Dies on a Di Acro I would imagine all all just American style.

With segmented uppers and lowers, you only load in what you need. Center it if you can and you are going to be doing high tonnage bends.

Ok thx, we haven’t used it yet. Guy we got it from said to do bending of short pieces on either end of jaws where frame was strongest. Said that’s why the one punch die we got is on the very end of a 6 foot die,

Is there any problem with using 6 ft or say 4 ft long bending dies to bend say 2 ft or 1 ft. Wide sheet metal when those long dies are all we have in the profile needed?

Ok thx, we haven’t used it yet. Guy we got it from said to do bending of short pieces on either end of jaws where frame was strongest. Said that’s why the one punch die we got is on the very end of a 6 foot die,

Is there any problem with using 6 ft or say 4 ft long bending dies to bend say 2 ft or 1 ft. Wide sheet metal when those long dies are all we have in the profile needed?

You can use a 1" die if you want.

Back