What's new
What's new

Grinder? ? Anyone know what it would be used for

RDyer

Plastic
Just started teaching at NTC and found this grinder in my lab buried in a cabinet. I sure it some kind of tool grinder just not sure for what. It doesn't work on drill bits since the tool holder and the wheel is to far away (tried it). Could be missing parts, and have no manufactures label. Tried an image search via Google no luck there either. An no I wasn't the one grinding aluminum on it, wheel is trashed. GEDC3993.jpgGEDC3992.JPGGEDC3991.JPG

A few years ago, I was in contact with an engineer at Lisle. He was very helpful with supplying answers to my questions about a very rare model 92000 drill bit grinder they sold in disappointingly small numbers. You have the very common model 91000, which is no longer made. They probably do have the parts you need.

Instructions and parts list is online here: Lisle Corporation

Larry

RDyer,

I MAY have one of the parts you need, which came to me in a box of stuff when I bought one of my lathes. I can't remember where I put it, and I certainly don't know that it's a Lisle part. It would be the Vee-channel that holds the drill, and the attached part that sets the grind angle. It will be a few days before I can look for it.

Conversely, if this part is a match, I'll buy your grinder !

There's an old thread either here or in "General" / "General Archive" that deals with Lisle drill grinders.

John R.

That was fast should have started here, checked out the site Lesle site and I think I saw the missing part in the storage room where the school moved all of the old machinery from the old lab. Also have an old Myers Machine Tool Company lathe

I'm going to be digging through the storage container this afternoon to see if the missing parts is in there.

Thank you for the info, checked it out and it's a match mines just an older model

Paging JHruska !

JHruska of this forum is perhaps the world's foremost authority on Myers lathes. <WINK!>

http://www.mwdropbox.com/dropbox/JRRUnknownLathe0001.JPG

(If you find this interesting, there are photos 0001 through 0007 in that drop box.)

Hopefully, he will be able to comment upon your lathe.

Could you, please, look at the "sticky" post at the top of this forum which describes how to take "mug shots" of an unknown lathe and then post photos of your Myers.

Thanks - John Ruth

As a tangent to the original question, the wheel on that machine could be the industry poster boy for "failure to dress" and "clogged with soft metal".

"failure to dress" and "clogged with soft metal".

We use our Lisle drill grinder often, and the problem is that the dressing attachment appears to be gone, and also the grinder was being used as a common bench grinder, the wheels are for hardened HSS or tool steel.

Back