What's new
What's new

Special BIAX scraper

Yeah it was an old blue one. It was still going strong though. Still producing neat half moons once you got the hang of it. You could use it for roughing out also. It originally belonged to “ Asquith” who made the radial arm drills and huge floor borers. I got it in exchange for some work I did.

Regards Tyrone
Here it is Tyrone....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBIN56Z0JNk

If anyone has any interest in a BIAX Power Scraper please message me as I have been a DAPRA distributor (Biax USA) for over 30 years. Plus I've ben teaching people how to use them for 40 years. People pay me to show them how to use them. I have taught classes inside the BIAX factory as they stopped training people in Germany too. I personally know the sales manager and their staff, I helped them invent the new scraper handle that cuts down on the wrist issues and scratch issues of the scraper. The handle is on the award Biax gave me when I taught in Austria.

Attachments

• 20191101_171450.jpg
    20191101_171450.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 41
  • 20191101_171507.jpg
    20191101_171507.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
What other power tool product lasts 50 to 60 years? Our first power scraper back in 1972 cost $475.00 I thought that was expensive back then .and I suspect it is still running
Amortize that over 50 years.
My problem is that I don’t need something that lasts that long. For a professional that probably makes sense, but for my limited use I decided to build my own.

Last class one of the guys said he will buy one, use it and sell it for more $$ then he paid for it. The Vacaville CA class formed a club of 10 members bought 2 used on eBay and now share the use.

My question is still left un answered. What is the benefit of such modification.
Also I have seen the clip and saw the guy is using his hand to push forward the scraper while the stroke is very short and the insert radius is very high. these are against Richard King rules. any one knows the reason !?

Back