What's new
What's new

Strange request- Take photo of Cincinnati Sabre head ?

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 2,106
D

D. Thomas

Got a 1992 Cincinnati Sabre 1000 where the warning label on the right side is so washed out I can't read what it says. If I had a good photo of one I could get the local trophy shop to duplicate it. Cincinnati wants huge dollars for a replacement, and 6 weeks to get it, plus their part numbers are so confusing I'm not sure even if I ordered one I'd end up getting what I actually need anyway. Anyone have one they could email me a closeup of the head ? (I assume it wouldn't have to be a 1000 size machine...any size Sabre (or Lancet ?) would probably have the same label)

I don't have a digicam, but do have 4 of these machines in various sizes. The 2 warning plates on the " head cover" merely show retention knob details and are supposed to say you put the deep toolholder notch to the keyway on the spindle. Although they say it in a strange way. I do have 1 machine with a very good warning label, the rest are kinda faded out.

Here's a pix showing the offending label...the large "gold" one on the right.
sabre1.jpg

sabre2.jpg

That is the one that is supposed to say to put the deep key notch against the key. There are some dimensions and such, but honestly, I have never read the whole plate. That is a nice looking rotary though. does that machine have fanuc or Kollmorgen drives? I am kinda browsing for a rotary for my 1500 with Kollmorgen drives.

fanuc drives are good to me, but I really have had no issues with my kollmorgens. I don't know if you can intermix them to add a full 4th or not. That is my intent a full 4th. If I could find a rotary set up with the right motors and drives I would probably pick it up.

Fanuc is much better, but I wonder how they got on that machine. I sell Cinci. and that year is not one of their best. I do know they played with both Fanuc and others at the start. You are really lucky if you have Fanuc drives. You might be able to sell that one for 18k-20k if it's Fanuc with a 4th axis......

Good Luck......

Nearly every component in the electrical cabinet has Fanuc nameplates and the servos are Fanuc "red capped" AC types. Previous owner's ex employees that ran it said they never had much problem with it, but some prefered standard Fanuc controls on their other VMC's for programming.

Back