What's new
What's new

Turret shuttle fault!!!!!!

jprobst

Cast Iron
Can someone please help. I have been doing a big stainless job and had a 5 inch face mill in tool station 1(umbrella type)and was done for the day so I wanted to move it out of the spindle and went to go to tool 2(which was empty) well when it went to toolchange I guess it didn't grab the tool all the way and now I have a turrety shuttle fault. I shut the machine off and restarted trying to move the tools around, now its on tool 7 and thinks it at tool 1. When I try to do a tool change for longer than one tool it says turret shuttle fault. Is this something I can fix in house or am I destined to call the service guy?

See the thread titled "Alarm 114" in this section. Our VF5 died under similar circumstances. The solution was a $700 board because Haas no longer uses circuit protection in the tool changer.

Doug

Its giving me an 115 alarm. Turret shuttle fault. There are no tools in spindle or carousel. I tried the recovery thing and its fine, but when I go to do a tool change it stops and gives me the 115 alarm again.

haas service tech(over the phone) suggested I have a bent carousel. Need to arrange appt for service guy to come out.

You can always run the machine by selecting other pockets in the unbent area of the carousel .
one way to check out the bent pockets is to keep the edge of the sheet metal cover as a reference and visually see the difference in height of the various pockets , mark off the bad ones , see if you have enough good ones to run your job.( till help arrives)

We remove the bends ourselves ....( by taking out the plate , removing all the moving parts till we are left with just the aluminium skeleton, which we press/beat back to shape).

MJM

There are some ice cube relays in the back, center low area, the ones labled tc in and tc out, pull them, pop off the caps, and gently pry open the points sand the contact points with 320ish paper, they make a point on one and a hole in ther untill the points stick. We find they work better after doing this than if we replace them. If you want you can swap them with the ones labled cw and ccw to see if the trouble moves before you work on them.

There are some ice cube relays in the back, center low area, the ones labled tc in and tc out, pull them, pop off the caps, and gently pry open the points sand the contact points with 320ish paper, they make a point on one and a hole in ther untill the points stick. We find they work better after doing this than if we replace them. If you want you can swap them with the ones labled cw and ccw to see if the trouble moves before you work on them.

The service tech suggested swapping K9 and K10 with K11and K12. Still getting same crap. Waiting for service tech to call back. I was really hoping it would be the $3.00 part instead of the $1800.00 part. We'll see.

Service tech walked me through it and it was a freaking chip on the proximity switch!! so those of you who called it, buy yourself a drink and know that you knew!!! Have a great day to all!!!

It's clearly obvious why my Hardinge uses magnetic prox switches and has little sweepers to brush the chips away from the magnets. Seems like people are always complaining of chips and prox switches.

I vote for the Proximity sensors ( considering the problems I have with the machines having mechanical sensors)

But I wish they improved the design or the sensing accuracy or the sensing threshold accuracy..... What I mean is , they ought to sense only the dog and should not sense chips...

Mathen

Back