What's new
What's new

Simple question (MasterCam)

holypickle

Banned
I can't tell if I'm doing this right. My numbers don't seem right, but I don't know enough about programming to know how to test if it is.

This is just an example part. It's 1x1 inches, with a .5in 45 degree angle.

When I do a finish pass on the OD, the post generates a Z value that isn't at the face of the part.

I'm using a 35 diamond with a .031 nose radius. I'm using "computer" for tool compensation. We don't use wear on our machines, and we don't input the inserts nose radius at the controls, so it seemed like the most logical choice, but it doesn't work.

Please help.help.jpg

That picture is fail, here's a link to a clearer/larger image
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Backplot it and you'll probably see that the tool nose is at the right place. Mastercam draws the line where a zero-radius tool corner would be.

Regards.

Mike

Backplot it and you'll probably see that the tool nose is at the right place. Mastercam draws the line where a zero-radius tool corner would be.

Regards.

Mike

Thanks for your response. It looks fine when I back plot it, the issue is the code that is generated has the starting position .01 past Z0. It should start at the face of the part (z1), but it starts at approximately z.990

I don't have this issue when I use tool comp as "control", but the x values are wrong.

Back