What's new
What's new

My new to me 95 T10 robodrill! Pics! And questions.

DeadNutsDan

Plastic
Hey all I just received my 1995 robodrill I purchased. I spent the last day and a half cleaning it up and I just got power hooked up to it. Everything looks to be in working order so far. However the previous owner had a "warm up" program in the machine and when I tried to run that it overtraveled. I'm sure it is because I didn't home it out correctly. Do you have to home these machines out manually with the handwheel? Any info on that process would be much appreciated. Il attach a couple pics

Attachments

• IMG_4335.jpg
    IMG_4335.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_4334.jpg
    IMG_4334.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 443
  • 8CCB94DA-2A24-440E-BBDC-50A83430C056.jpg
    8CCB94DA-2A24-440E-BBDC-50A83430C056.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 409
Once the origin (home) is set there isn't any reason to reset it unless you have to replace the 4) 'D' cells that power the memory for position. IIRC there is a page in the control that guides you through setting the origin, maybe called 'maintenance', it involves handwheeling each axis to origin position (my machine was fitted with 'gun sight' type alignment marks on each axis), then shutting down the machine.

What did you do to 'home' it?

QB

Congrats on the new toy! Good job cleaning it up! Question Boy is right...probably lost its home position when it was unplugged for too long or someone changed the batteries without it being plugged in.

Let's start simple first. It might not need a battery pack. Have you checked the tool and work offsets to be sure they are not setting up the over travel condition? The battery pack is pretty easy to replace - but if that is really it, you might need parameters too.......

Looks really Sharp!! Makes me want to paint my 97 T14ia. Assuming a home type shop. I think you will really like the mechanical tool change system. Trouble free, no compressed air. The little spindle spools up and down without taxing a rotary phase converter.

Is your the type that has an oiler system and uses Vactra #2 or do you manually have to grease things like rails and screws at certain intervals? Mine appears to have the same Tsudakoma 4th axis as yours.

Best of luck
Greg

Congrats on your new machine. I bought a 1995 T10b last spring. Nice little machine. Back up your parameters. It can be a pain if you loose them all like I did.

Donny

What are your thoughts now on the t10 robodrills? And how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? I'm considering a 1996 for $9k, but I'm not familiar with them at all so I'm not sure what options and things I should look out for. Most of my experience is with Haas and high end Heidenhain 5X machines, only a little with old fanuc machines. How is it on power for the home use?
Thanks
Jesse

Could you post your warm-up routine for us to see?
I wonder if it might have a FIX OFFSET in it?

Or maybe it O/T'd in Z?
And if so - maybe you just need to put a tool in the spindle?

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I have Robodrill Alpha T10-B 1995 with the fourth axis nikken Fanuc 16MB
i lost all SRAM data
can any one have SRAM data soft copy
please help me

Back