What's new
What's new

DIY rotary hole popper attachment

dsergison

Diamond
hole_popper.jpgrotary union.jpgsprinkler.jpg[

Thanks to all who sugested this. It removes material at about 2x the rate of plain Z axis sinking.

It uses a piece of tubing threaded on the end to accept graphite buttons. (or flushed copper rods of whatever size) A foam earplug seals the tube behind the er16 collet, It has a cathead adjustment (4 screws on top bearing bore insert which is oversize and and the lower insert is a cone) to set eccentricity. it is powered by a bar-b-que rotissery and some small chain I had on hand.it turns about 10 rpm. the rotary union is brass, orings, and UHMW scrap. The slip ring is a spring loaded graphite button on top. It's fed a little lube through the screw thread, keeping it just moist.

The parts I've been getting in to burn are to tall to fit under my gromax orbiter + the needed tool travel, so I build this rotator to hang past the side of my ram.

Let me be the first to say - That is motherfunkin AWESOME.
I absolutely LOVE seeing people do stuff like this. Makes me feel so much better when I'm on attempt #49
of a 50 attempt process to do something outside the box or on the Russian/German Economical Value System.

Well done, Sir.

Back