What's new
What's new

looking for WEDM fixturing rails

pogo

Plastic
Imagine that! My Agie 100 came without a fixturing system.

I priced out starter kits, and I was *shocked* at what they are asking for them. Even $4000 for a used starter kit is beyond my reach for now. Shopmade jigs will work, but...

DOes anyone know of rails and perhaps a couple clamps for sale? Yeah, I missed that Ebay deal for basic rails.

Sometimes you can get used or demo tooling from the tooling manufactures. I know I have seen Erowa, 3R and Sunspot post on other chatrooms used tooling for sale. I know the stuff is $expensive$ ,just put in a budget request for $6000.00. I'll get a box of tooling about the size of a 12 pack. You could also check with AGIE sometimes they get machines with some tooling as trade in. Good luck Mark

Thanks, Mark.

I can get away with massive purchase orders with my day job, but this is my moonlight job
smile.gif
. Everyone else already got a piece of me!

Hm. Every vendor wants a company name. Its seems no other home shop guy has a WEDM machine next to a Lewis shaper and a mill. They are terrified of start up companies too. A credit card gets their attention, though.

I'll keep an eye out on those other boards and contact Agie.

MSRM, I have noticed the same thing about getting through to other members as well. Sometimes their address is bogus, sometimes it is filtered by their server. Sometimes they are worried about privacy or spam.

It is very easy to set up a free email account at many many places such as "Yahoo" or "hotmail" for instance. "Hushmail" is for privacy issues. I get no unwelcome mail and no spam at "hushmail" and it is free and encrypted.

whoops! I thought I replied to this a while ago.

My email address has a NOSPAM in the middle of it - since I posted my email address on a machinery board I am getting flooded with spam.

Yeah, got the machine up and running, but I am having water conductivity problems. I bought my resin locally from Culligan (naming names) and the resin they supply cannot produce low conductivity water despite reading short simple specifications - conductivity out low low low (<10mS/cm, 60/40 anion/cation) or Nuclear resin (what?).

Working on this for a month while I am away for weeks at a time - hard to keep my temper with those folks. I figure it is EXACTLY the same as going to NAPA and asking for 10W30 oil.

I am starting to learn CNC programming - it is a slow going, but I am making it work. But till I can solve water problems without shelling out several hundred more bucks, I am at a standstill.

We have 3 AGIE machines including an AC-100, and have switched all of them over to replaceable D.I. tanks. When your conductivity gets above 25uscm's it takes about 10 minutes to change out the tank. The company we deal with is ABA water systems, their phone number is 507-534-3870, the company that rep's them is Kern Special Tool Company, 1-800-290-7573. Should you switch over to this type of system you should buy 2 tanks. This is to have a tank on the machine while one is getting sent to ABA for regeneration. This is about $600.00 to convert a machine over including tanks, lose resin is cheaper but is a mess to handle and ship back for regeneration. Hope this might help, Mark

Back