What's new
What's new

Emerson Horizontal Band Saw Manual?

bjorn toulouse

Titanium
Does anyone have an Emerson Band Saw, Model# 10-1721R, or similar?
I bought one yesterday and I'd like to find an Owner's Manual or a copy.
According to the Customer Service lady at Emerson, the saws were discontinued over 25 years ago.

Any leads will be greatly appreciated!

Thanx,

Rex

Rex, I have an operators manual and parts list on an Emerson 7120 series saw, Its the 7" size. Not sure if its similar to your machine but if you can post a picture maybe I can tell. Martin

Here's a couple of pics, Martin. They were taken just after unloading it, so all the warts are visible. The renovation is in progress.
It's a 7" X 12", blade size is 8'11" X 5/8".
Any info will be appreciated.

Rex

emerson1.jpg

emerson4.jpg

emerson7.jpg

I have the same saw, still a project, but with the power feed. I have the manual for the feed, but not the saw.

Emerson001.jpg

Thanx for the manual scans, Martin!
Plenty of info transfers to my machine!

By the looks of it, the major differences are the drive and the adjustable blade guide past the cutting table. The guide on my version mounts solidly to the main frame and has no adjustment other than the guide bearings.

Thanx again, :cheers:

Rex

Rex,
I have the same saw. Can you take a better pic of the downfeed arrangement? I am missing some parts on that side of the saw and I don't have a manual either. I would like to know what parts are missing. I do have the big spring but I don't think it is connected properly.
When I first bought the saw I noticed an ominous rumbling noise coming from the gearbox area. I thought "oh well just use it till it's dead" kind of thing. Then one day the pulley on the motor fell off.
When I reinstalled the pulley and tightened it properly the ominous rumbling was gone and the saw has been cutting steel for about 6 years with no problems!

Michael

Here's a few pics of the tension spring and cylinder....the first 2 are "before" and the last is "after". ;)

PM me your e-mail and I'll forward scans of the manual that Martin sent me, those parts are the same on both models.

Rex

emerson4.jpg

emerson5.jpg

emerson10.jpg

Rex, thanks for the pics.
Nice job on the repair. I keep looking at the off-the-shelf turnbuckle on the big spring, it's just like on my machine. I thought that someone had just jury-rigged that setup, but it appears to be factory?
A pm is on it's way.
Michael

Emerson

Hey Bjorn, I have this same saw minus the motor. New to this site btw. I know this post is from 2007 but I'm hoping to get some info from you. Need to know the motor, belt and pulley sizes. Any help would be appreciated. I could slap a motor on it and make it work but I would rather have the right speed options it was designed with. Rob

Funny,
This thread was in my mind the other day.
I really need to fix my downfeed. Anyone know the specs on the cylinder that I need?
I would really like to get this saw back to original working condition.

Is there an existing cylinder from another machine that might fit?

Thanks for the help.

Michael

ps, Rex, I will have a look to see if I still have the scans as I can't remember....plus computer crashes etc.

just wondering if you still have your scan of this machines parts and service manual. I have the same machine and would like a munual for it. Thanks

Radioman, yes, I still have the manual scans. PM me your e-mail address and I'll get them off to you.

Funny,
This thread was in my mind the other day.
I really need to fix my downfeed. Anyone know the specs on the cylinder that I need?
I would really like to get this saw back to original working condition.

Is there an existing cylinder from another machine that might fit?

Thanks for the help.

Michael

Michael, do you have the original cylinder? The one I used was actually a double acting air cylinder. I took the needle valve assembly off the dog-legged cylinder and added it to the air cylinder and filled it with ATF. I can get you the basic dimensions from the cylinder. I got this one from Ebay, NIB.

Rex

Link to Emerson Bandsaw Manual: http://s721.photobucket.com/albums/ww216/bjorn_toulouse/Emerson Bandsaw Manual/

Last edited:
Radioman, yes, I still have the manual scans. PM me your e-mail address and I'll get them off to you.

Michael, do you have the original cylinder? The one I used was actually a double acting air cylinder. I took the needle valve assembly off the dog-legged cylinder and added it to the air cylinder and filled it with ATF. I can get you the basic dimensions from the cylinder. I got this one from Ebay, NIB.

Rex

Link to Emerson Bandsaw Manual: Emerson Bandsaw Manual Photos by bjorn_toulouse | Photobucket

Could I get the dimensions off that air cylinder I got this same bandsaw and that is all that I am missing.
Thanks

Hot Rolled, I know this is an old post and just hope you or someone could help. I just purchased a band saw. I didn't realize just how old it was. I always try to get manuals on my equipment because i know sooner or later it will need servicing and a manual would be very helpful. I have the Emerson 10-1721T band saw and it looks just like those listed in these post. I would appreciate any help in obtaining a manual for it. I know shipping rates are sky high so please i offer to pay that if i can get what ever manuals on this saw. I was able to contact several areas of Emerson and Ridgit and all tell me that this saw goes way back and documentation probably not around any more :-( one person told me that my saw was born in 1958. I would have not had any idea because of the really good condition it in. Well enough of that i just hope someone could help me out. Thanks

Back