What's new
What's new

Bt1337g Power feed and Carriage running backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uguessedit

Aluminum
Anyone have a Bolton 13x37 lathe that may shed light to my issue? It Just arrived here yesterday and the feeds run backwards. So when I typically would cut while chuck is counterclockwise the feed runs away from the part and when the chuck is in reverse and clockwise the feed drives toward the part. The toolpost sits at the front side and I can’t cut any parts with the power feed unless I flip the tooling upside down. The carriage runs backwards too. I’ve contacted the manufacturer and they told me the lever at the bottom left but that just switches between the two feeds with Park/neutral in the middle. You would think a reverse handle for the gear box would exist so it can change directions regardless of spindle direction. For the parts I Machine I can’t even use this lathe. I have no desire to try and hand crank a good finish with arthritis making it inconsistent.
Edit: figured it out. It is the lever to the top by the spindle controls. Odd it’s up there. I read the manual twice and it said nothing about it.

First that is a hobby/home grade machine and as such not allowed on this site. Second somewhere on the HEAD STOCK there will be a control lever/knob the reverses lead and feed screw direction relative to spindle rotation. Have you read the manual that came with the machine???
Ah !! just seen your edit !! Something lost in translation from the Chinese ? ? Stick around just don't mention the brand of your lathe, lots of good info to be found around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back