What's new
What's new

UMC 750 Rigging

Wouldn't be the first time a building penetration had to be temporarily adjusted to get a machine in. A place I once worked at had roofers and steel workers put a hole in the roof for an old drop hammer to be craned out and a new stamping press craned in. Roof was back to spec by 5pm that day.

Looking for guidance if the UMC 750 will fit through a 96" tall (FIRM) opening.

Document below shows 98" max, but what is the min (obviously short of tearing it to pieces) ;-) ?]

The document shows it as 120 inches max. The 98 inches as shipped is as low as you can go without disassembling major components. But the tool changer disk is vertical, so between that and the spindle, I don't think you can get it any lower.

Fletch
My blog

If you can wait until next Monday I can tell you. Christmas will be a little late for me, but it will be here soon!

Merry Christmas to you!

What machines did you compare this too when shopping? Considering the DMG Mori DMU50/70 product line.

Thank you! I did compare this machine (only on paper) to the DMU50 but to be honest I couldn't help you to make a decision. We have a specific application - the Haas fit perfectly for size, price, and capability. Having 4 other Haas machines and familiarity of the control made the Haas a logical choice, but the DMG/Mori control options look a whole lot sweeter.

We did opt for the SS model for the 150°/s table and 15K spindle, the standard 750 would not have made the cut for our needs.

I will try to take photos and take measurements best I can but I will definitely get you the door clearance. We are moving the entire shop and this will be the first piece so nothing in the photos will be impressive at all, lol.

Back