What's new
What's new

Multiplex 610 parity error

CTLee

Plastic
My school had a Mazak Multiplex 610 donated to us 6-8 months ago. After finally getting power hooked up, and replacing all the batteries, we finally were able to fire it up. We get partially through the boot up and get the following error.

Parity error
Error at or near $0049497C

MPX610 error.jpg
sorry about the poor picture
We don't have any documentation for the machine, and are hoping that someone may have some they can share.

Does anyone have an idea what there error may be, and what the address pertains to?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

On another note, we are looking any documentation pertaining to the above machine. Does anyone have any they can send our way?

Thanks in advance

I do not have a manual for your machine, but what this error message is stating is that during the POC (Power On Confidence test,)which is always run during power up, is that you are encountering a memory error at the address listed. You should try reseating the memory cards and if that doesn't help, replace the offending card.

So after re-seating all the cards inside, 1) we found one more back up battery, replaced it. 2) Now the parity error is at a different address, where as before it was consistently at the same address. I am thinking bad memory card unit. A question about memory for these machines. Are all card units the same. I noticed on ours there is a label that says option #1. Would I have to find the exact same replacement.
Being a school, money is the biggest issue. Does anyone have documentation for a Multiplex 610 they'd be willing to share?

Back