What's new
What's new

Looking for Local Faro Arm help ( Seattle Tacoma )

WmHorus

Plastic
I am the Instructors Assistant at Clover Park Technical College in Lakewood Wa, Last Year we Purchased a Faro Arm ( Edge ) for our program and the 2 guys who went through the paid training had problems running the thing and have since left school to head into industry. We now have a pricey Paperweight because trying to read the manual is frustrating and doesnt answer the basic questions that come up and we dont want to divert the large sum Faro wants to come out again when we can use it upgrading the shop. I am hoping to find someone in the Seattle Tacoma area that would be willing to either come to our shop or I will come to yours in order to receive basic instruction on running the machine. Thank you in advance.

Paul A Estes

Paul - which software are you using with it? I could fire up my copy of dezignworks and show that to you, but if you are using any of the many other packages, that may not help you very much. (I've not used my faro in some time, it would take me a while to get going.) Are you doing or teching reverse engineering, or part QA, or???

Get a copy of Rhinoceros. I have a Microscribe arm, and this software works with my Microscibe. Faro is listed on the arms supported by Rhino. Takes a little experimenting to learn how to use Rhinoceros, but it is very reasonable to buy and works out well for me. I use it mainly to create 3-d surfaces of objects that I am digitizing.

Lord Byron

I believe the pogram we are using that came with it is CAM2. he instruction manual to train from is confusing to say the least. In order to calibrate it we had to watch a youtube video since the book showed us backwards. I spent 2 hours getting frustrated at it. We will mainly be using it to reverse engineer parts and probably CMM as well.

Back