What's new
What's new

Wanted - Myford Super 7 Lathe

Waterlogged

Hot Rolled
Looking for a used Myford lathe in good condition with quick change gearbox. Prefer short bed but open to long bed. Any leads appreciated.

How much is it worth to you?

Out of curiosity, how much would you want to pay?

I do not have one today but I may have one in a month or so. One thing that is unclear to me is the market value of such a tool. I have seen them from al the way up to $6000 or more and some at just around $1000.

Jacques in NC

More than a loaf of bread and less than a 2009 911 Turbo.

Sorry but I can't answer your question without knowing the specifics of the lathe in question. Model, size, condition, accessories, distance from me, etc. Are you offering to sell me this unspecified lathe?

waterlogged, it might be worth contacting Myford for a rebuilt one or G and M Tools at www.gandmtools.co.uk for a listing of machines with UK prices. I dunno how much it would cost to bring one over to the states. I sometimes toy with the idea of attempting to import four or five machines and selling them on ebay. This is probably the road to financial ruin as I've no experience selling much of anything but the occaisional bit from the local scrapyard.

The ML7R in particular has always intrigued me as it's essentially a Super 7 without any frills and they sometimes sell for a reasonable amount of money. I don't need another machine but Kieth Stewart had one and well, there you are.

No connection with vendors, etc.

Last edited:
Good idea to get one quickly but I'm willing to wait for the right one in the states (hopefully local) versus paying for shipping and dealer markup. They're out there, just have to find one.

Back