What's new
What's new

FS Heavy 9/Junior 9 Headstock with spindle, no pulleys/backgear

Selling a heavy 9/junior 9 headstock. It comes with the pulley and the fiber washer/lock ring. 1-1/2x8 spindle node. No pulley is available. Backgear assembly is completely missing. Table clamps present. Make an offer if interested. If further photographs of specific things on the headstock would be of benefit, please let me know and I will take them. P_20170427_185848_vHDR_Auto (1).jpgP_20170427_192037_vHDR_Auto.jpgP_20170427_185908_vHDR_Auto.jpg

I believe it will fit in a large USPS flat rate box so shipping it would be $18.85. I don't know exactly what its worth so make me an offer.

What kind of price was you thinking I may be interested if it will fit my lathe an the bearings an spindle are good... I have a 1929 junior an the bearings are in pretty bad shape

What kind of price was you thinking I may be interested if it will fit my lathe an the bearings an spindle are good... I have a 1929 junior an the bearings are in pretty bad shape

The bearings look to be in excellent shape. The spindle when turned by hand has less than 0.001" runout. I am looking for offers. I know the person I got it from paid around $150 on ebay.

Now that I looked at mine I think it's different mine doesn't have the feet in the front of it don't know if that makes a difference or not

Now that I looked at mine I think it's different mine doesn't have the feet in the front of it don't know if that makes a difference or not

From what I understand, the width of your bed and the height of your spindle will matter for fit. That being said, the rest of the parts to finish it out if you are substituting yours will more than likely also make a difference. Maybe post a photo of yours and let those more knowledgeable than me throw in their 0.02$.

Back